Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life Achievement Unlocked

I did it! I did it! I did it!!!!

Last night I played my first show. Okay, so it wasn't just my show, but I got up on stage at an open mic night and performed 4 songs. 2 originals and 2 covers.

This is a goal I had set for myself to do by the time I was 30 and when 30 came and went last summer, I kept kicking myself because it was such an attainable goal. I think getting it done before 31 is still pretty awesome. I just wish I started doing it when I was 19.

I'm completely hooked now. Once the nerves settled (about the 3rd song in), I could have stayed up there all night. And since it was just me and the host for the first hour or so, I totally could have. But I wasn't prepared to sing so many songs in the first place. I assumed I'd only get one song and had been practicing that one song. So to find out I got to sing 3 threw me for a loop. The fourth song was a bonus. An "encore" if you will - or as I will call it.

They do this open mic thing every other Monday, and I will be back.


Oh, and I played "Good", "Cast a Spell", "Lord, I Have Made You a Place in My Heart" (Greg Brown cover), and "Old Fashioned Hat" (Anais Mitchell cover).

No comments: