Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Great Minnesota Get Together


It's that time of year again. Time for the Minnesota State Fair. The greatest State Fair in all the land. Of course, I've only ever been to this one, but I just assume it's the greatest.


The company I work for has a booth there. An excellent booth. The best booth. So I get to work there. I just got back from my opening day morning shift. The fair is a glorious place at 8am on opening day. The grass is lush and green. The bathrooms are clean and inviting. The overall fair smell has not kicked in yet. The vendors are happy.


I can't believe it's already here. The fair also marks the end of summer for me. It ends on Labor Day. The kids all go back to school. The days get shorter. It's dark out by 8:30.


Even with that, I still love the fair. I dislike all other mass outings. Crowds of sweaty people eating greasy food does not normally appeal to me. But the fair...the Minnesota State Fair makes me happy.

No comments: