Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes we did.


We did it. We have made a change.

I spent last night crying into my wine glass. Happy, happy tears. I could not believe what I was seeing. After 2 elections where Bush was declared the winner, I just didn't think our country had it in them.

I am so proud of my fellow Americans. I am once again proud to be an American. I look at President-Elect Obama (can't believe I get to type that!!!!!) and see a glorious future for our country. Even if he is unable to fulfill every promise he has made, I know that he will try.

He has shown us and the world that anyone can do anything. He is the American dream.

There is a different vibe in my city this morning. People seem friendlier. Everyone is saying hello to each other. There is a definite positive energy filling the streets. It's a wonderful thing.

And in Obama's America, I didn't wake up with a hangover.

No comments: