Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted


I voted and almost cried in the booth out of sheer excitement and the possibilities today can bring.

Now I am at work, unable to concentrate. I just want to fast forward this day until about 7:00 tonight.

I will be attending an event tonight to watch the elections unfold. As with the rest of America, I just really hope it goes my way.

It is so hard for me to wrap my brain around how someone could vote for someone like McCain and Palin. How listening to them speak inspires them to make a change. They inspire me to crawl into the darkest of corners with my hands over my ears screaming "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!" until they're done talking.

Bush was elected because people thought he'd be someone they want to have a beer with. I've had beer with many many people, and there is not a single one of them I would elect to run this country.

People like Palin because she's a hockey mom...one of us. Like above, I have spoken to many many hockey moms...not one of them I would elect to run the country.

Because, yes, a vote for McCain as president is a vote for Palin as president. I just don't see McCain lasting another 4 years. Her "You Betcha" way of speaking is not going to fly outside of the U.S.

My ultimate hope no matter which way this election goes, is that it is a clear cut win. No matter questions of voter fraud, hanging chads. By tomorrow morning, this had better be finished so we can all move on with our lives. For better or worse.

No comments: