Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Nicollet 2/27/15

My head has been spinning these past few weeks. So much going on. I have been telling myself to write this since Saturday and other things keep happening. I don't even know what those things are. Just things.

But I played my first solo show in a long time last Friday night at The Nicollet. The Nicollet is a coffee shop, but it also serves beer and wine so it's the BEST coffee shop. Ben Miller (of The Federales) and Elizabeth Ghandour also played sets. Lovely people. Lovely songs.

As always, when playing solo, it's fun to break out whatever I feel like playing. But it's also dangerous because sometimes there's a reason I don't play certain things anymore and I forget why that is. Or I just haven't played something in so long that I don't realize I  maybe don't know it as well as I used to. Or I decide to play something I've never played in front of people before and those are always interesting moments.

I was ridiculously nervous before I went on, too. More nervous than I've been in a long time. So nervous that my neck got all blotchy and red and that had stopped happening to me before I played. Playing solo is an experience.


Set list for The Nicollet 2/27/15

  • Cohabitate
  • The Reminder
  • Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie (Joanna Newsom cover)
  • Oh, Sun
  • Good
  • No Words
  • Adore
  • On Fridays (first time played!)
  • A Story 
  • Safety Mode
  • For the Time Being
My next show is this Thursday, March 5th at Harriet Brewing with Katy Vernon. I will have my entire band along (all SIX of us!). Should be a lot of fun. We go on at 7pm sharp!

And, we're still looking for backers on Kickstarter for our new album! Please give what you can. We cannot make this album without you! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330333284/niki-becker-reactor-new-album




No comments: