Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Kitty Cat Klub And Super Fun Music Week

Busy week!

But such a fun week.

I was calling this week Super Fun Music Week because I was attending 3 shows by artists I highly enjoy and also playing one of my own.

I talked about the Scout Niblett show on Sunday night already. It kicked things off in a very good way.

My show at the Kitty Cat Klub was on Wednesday night. We were joined by Taj Raj and The White Whales.

 Taj Raj

The White Whales

I really enjoyed myself both onstage and off. I need to play with both of these bands more. I've played a few shows now with The White Whales, but this was our first time sharing the bill with Taj Raj.

I'm really really loving playing with my band. I know I probably say that it a lot. But it's true. They are so much fun to share the stage with. I'm so grateful that they play songs with me.


Setlist for Kitty Cat Klub 9/27/13

  • Where's the Fire?
  • Float
  • Blind
  • Lens
  • The Party
  • Good
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Flavor
  • Salt
  • Introvert


Super Fun Music Week continued on Thursday with Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Who knew, but the MIA has one of the best music venues in town. A fabulous room with excellent lighting, a great stage, and amazing sound. I was super impressed. And the Velvet Lapelles were charming and great as always. They played for over 90 minutes so we got to hear nearly all of the songs, which made me happy.

Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles

Then last night was the Caroline Smith Half About Being a Woman record release show at First Avenue. Caroline has completely left behind her folksy girl vibe and fully embraced an R & B sound reminiscent of TLC's Crazy, Sexy, Cool. It's a major departure but she pulls it off.

I also hadn't been to First Ave in a while so it was nice to be back

Caroline Smith (don't you love all of my grainy cell phone Instagram'd concert pics?)

So now what???

I think the rest of the week will be spent at home, decompressing after a very crazy week. Which is fine. It's good to decompress.

Next Wednesday the band and I are playing a set at Harriet Brewing in Minneapolis. 9pm sharp. We play for 2 HOURS. So, yep, we will be playing all of the songs. So come out and hear us as a full band, some solo stuff, some duo stuff, old songs, new songs, and everything in between.



No comments: