Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Live Letters

I've been meaning to write a recap of this show all weekend, but it's a holiday weekend and I've been out running around enjoying the not nice weather with friends. I went to Memory Lanes Block Party Saturday night to catch Southside Desire:


Then we headed to the Turf Club for the Erik Hess benefit show.

Bomba De Luz (who I played with at Live Letters) performed downstairs in the Clown Lounge...


...and we caught The Goondas upstairs.


It was a super fun night. So many friends were there.

Deanna and me.

Yesterday we grilled out with dear friends. AND 89.3 The Current debuted my new song "Blind" on The Local Show. Super exciting! Please, please, please request it so they play it again!



And today I am finally at home, resting. I refuse to do anything of effort today. I am going to lounge. I'm not even going to put my contacts in. Glasses all day. This is a big deal for me.

But back to the point of this post: Live Letters. 

Live Letters: An Evening With Friends is a house show that I was asked to play. The idea is that a host band - in this case Bethany Larson and the Bee's Knees - invites some of their songwriter friends to perform. The host band plays a set and then the rest of the performers join them and play songs in a round robin style.

I'd been wanting to do one of these shows for a while and was so honored when Bethany Larson and the Bee's Knees asked me to play. I adore this band and love playing with them.


The other songwriters in attendance were Reina Del Cid, Dan Israel, and Lydia Hoglund (of the aforementioned Bomba De Luz).

The Bee's Knees performed a great set and then we joined her and she did a quick interview session with all of us that was super fun and then Reina Del Cid kicked off the round robin song set with 3 songs of her own. We each did a 3 song set and then another interview section followed by one more song each.



Here's me performing "Blind" of the new EP Intermission (out a week from Tuesday! Get it here!)



It was such an amazing room to perform in. First of all this loft is super cool. The sound system they have is really good. And the audience was awesome. Super attentive. We all kept saying how great it was to play to people who are actually listening. Most of the time we all play in noisy bars.

Live Letters Set List 5/23/13

  • A Story
  • Cohabitate
  • Blind
  • Adore


So what else is going on? Well, like I said, the new EP, Intermission, comes out on June 4th. We are celebrating its release with a series of shows at the 331 Club. I'm only making 100 physical copies of this album and these shows are the first place you can get them. So if you want one, you better come down! But, yes, it will be available as a digital download.




No comments: