Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sea Salt CD Release Show Recap


O my goodness, where has the time gone???

My CD release show was almost a week ago and I haven’t written about it yet! It’s that whole thing about build up that I mentioned in my last post. Weeks – months – of preparation and then suddenly it’s over and you move on to the next thing.

I had some great press going into the event: Local radio debut on Cities 97, my first album review (!) from 89.3 The Current’s LocalCurrent blog, The Current also gave me a shout out and played my song the day before the show.

I had a pretty good time – and I only say ‘pretty good’ because I was super nervous and anxious the whole time and found it hard to focus on what exactly was happening.

Merch.

 I loved playing with the full band. It felt good to be loud. I love my band.





I had some crazy drunken dancers performing for most of my set.


We played 12 of the 14 songs from the new album (we left out the 2 instrumental tracks).

El le Faunt & His Traveling Circus, Walker Fields, and Prairie Fire Lady Choir all performed beautifully, as well. So awesome to share the stage with friends.

 Prairie Fire Lady Choir
 El le Faunt & His Traveling Circus

 Walker Fields

Speaking of the choir, two of my choristas (and friends) sang on “Blue Whale”  with me and then also joined us at the end for “Adore”. Loved having backing singers!


Unfortunately, I have very few pictures and no video (except for the dancer) from the event.

Post show, my husband and I stayed in a boat hotel – TheCovington Inn. A revamped river boat that is now a bed and breakfast. It was amazing. STAY HERE.

 My view the next morning.

And last Sunday night, The Current’s Local Show played me again. I’m now a part of the Local Current internet stream rotation, but you can request my song here to get me into the on air rotation.

Tomorrow I head to Duluth to play my first show there at Beaner’s Central

And, if you couldn't make it the show, the whole album is now available to download via my Bandcamp page. You can just click the Buy link below! 



I’ve got a few other shows on the horizon, as well. I’m just trying to keep on keepin’ on.
Setlist for Sea Salt CD Release Show at the Amsterdam Bar and Hall on August 4th, 2012
  • The Woods
  • Float
  • Can't Even Tell
  • The Party
  • Easy to Blame
  • Flavor
  • Ramble Song
  • Blue Whale
  • Salt
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Here
  • Adore

No comments: