Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Recording, Day 2

Night 2 was another success. All goals were once again met for the night. We were still focused on the same three songs from before, but I think, instrumentally, they are complete. Little additions may be added here and there and, of course, they need to be mixed, but it’s nice to have such a nice sized chunk out of the way.

One of the songs we have been working on, I imagined being a real nightmare to complete. And, it hasn’t been easy, but it went much smoother than I expected. And, as always, the song I imagine being the simplest and easiest to produce took up the most time.

Two weeks from now we’ll head into Day 3 and try to kick off three more songs. Maybe even work on some of the vocals for the current three we’ve been working on. We’re also doing it during the day on a Saturday. I haven’t recorded in the daytime yet. I’m curious if that will change things at all. I’m usually so tired at night, working all day and then recording all night. It will be nice to be awake and fresh.

No comments: