Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fair Times

Today is the last day of the Minnesota State Fair. It always seems to signify the end of summer. But really, we still have about 3 weeks left. The air has definitely cooled, though. I pulled out a long sleeved shirt on Saturday, and - I'm not going to lie, I was kind of pleased about it. My wardrobe has completely opened up.

I spent three days at the fair this year. Two of those days I worked in the booth owned by the company I work for. One day was just for fun. Not that all days at the fair aren't fun. I LOVE the fair. Ridiculously so. But I think this was the first year I got a little burned out. Working the booth twice took a lot of the State Fair joy out of me.

But I did have fun during the non-work times. I did the following:

  • Visited the animal barns and bonded with the animals and longed to take them all home.
  • Drank a lot of beer. I mean, A LOT.
  • Ate the following foods, sometimes multiple times: Cheese on a Stick, Luigi Fries, Burritos, Deep Fried Pickles with Cream Cheese, Deep Fried Cauliflower, French Fries, Pizza Bread, Hot Fudge Sundaes, Grilled Shrimp on a Stick...that's all my mind is letting me remember.
I love the fair.





No comments: