Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Double Header

I had two shows yesterday. It was a great day. It was a long day. I did so much and kept looking at the clock on my phone, shocked that time seemed to be crawling-which is great for a Sunday. And it was hot. Holy Hell was it HOT.

Just a couple of weeks ago, it was something like 120 degrees (when you count the heat index). Yesterday felt worse. I don't know why. But just sitting outside would cause me to drip with sweat.

And then I got to play in it.

First show of the day was at the Red Hot Art Festival. I went on at 11:30am, which required me to get up early. It's kind of weird to get up in the morning and go perform. But, it would be awesome if that's what I got to do everyday when I got up to go to "work".

I sweat pretty easily. When I'm done performing, there's always a very obvious dampness to my hair and brow. I've learned to accept that. But I got done with that first show yesterday and I looked like I just stepped out of the shower. My hair was soaked. It was kind of embarrassing.

We played 2 new songs at this show. I thought they went really well.


Setlist for Red Hot Art Festival 7/31/11
-Good
-Float (first time played!)
-The Party
-Can't Even Tell
-Salt (first time played!)
-The Paul Simon Song
-Here
-Adore

The second show of the day was at the Turf Club. I really really like playing there. I love the stage. I love the sound on the stage. I just really like the Turf Club. And it was air conditioned.


Setlist for the Turf Club 7/31/11
-The Paul Simon Song
-Cast a Spell
-Float
-Thursday
-Can't Even Tell
-The Party
-Good
-Salt
-Here
-Adore

And, once again I just have to say, I really really love performing.

Next show: Friday, September 9th at the Republic on Seven Corners.

That seems so long from now. But in between I begin recording for the next album! Very excited about that.

No comments: