Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh, Hello!



I’m not going to write a post about how I haven’t been posting much lately. I’m not. Really. I promise.

It’s just that I keep coming up with fun ideas and then when I sit down to write them, I can’t quite get them out. Writer’s block perhaps? I suppose that would seem accurate.

There really hasn’t been a whole lot going on lately either. Beyond the Eddie Vedder show, life has been pretty mellow and filled with the usual going ons. Daily doses of work life, the occasional stressful home repair, lack of sleep due to dog wanderings, local rock shows…

I did schedule my first recording session for the new album. I had planned to wait until the winter, to give me something to do those cold, dark January days. But, why wait? I’ll still be recording during that time frame anyway as I really want to take my time with this album and recording is so fun. I’m ready to get back at it.

So that’s exciting.

I'm trying to keep up with the 30 Days of Music stuff, but I'm stuck on Song I Want Played At My Funeral. I pretty much destroyed the song "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen when I decided, at the age of 15, that this would be my funeral song. (You can stop laughing now). I'm so superstitious that I haven't been able to really listen to it ever again. I feel like I cursed it. I'd hate to do that to another song. So I'm trying to think of a new category for that day. Any suggestions?

I’m attending the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys show at the Target Center on Friday. This will be the second time seeing them in my adult life (third overall). Not sure how I feel about that. When they came through a couple of years ago it was a real event as they hadn’t toured since my grade school days. It was thousands of screaming 30 somethings rattling the walls of the Xcel Energy Center and I had great seats on the main floor. It was exciting and fun and brought me back to childhood.

But this tour seems a little cheap. You know like the last time they weren’t just out for the quick money grab (yeah, right). Teaming up with the Backstreet Boys to make sure to cover all of the age groups of boy band fans – they should have added the Monkees and the Bay City Rollers as opening acts and they could have sold out the Metrodome (which got its roof back yesterday).

I’m sure it will be a good time. I went in on a suite with a bunch of other girls. Girl’s nights are fun. Even though I’ll be forced to watch Nick Carter dance around. He’s gross.

Either way, it is bound to provide blogging inspiration.

P.S. I made a new website for my music stuff: www.nikibecker.com

No comments: