Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

New Kids In The Target Center

I wrote a long review of the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys show at the Target Center on Friday night. But a slip of a keystroke and it all disappeared.

So here’s a brief, bulleted recap:

  • NKOTBSB is not a concert so much as it is a PG-13 strip show. They took any opportunity to rip off their shirts and thrust their groins at the crowd.
  • Joe has won me over. Natural born crooner. (sorry Donnie)
  • There are grown women who follow these guys around. It’s depressing.
  • My voice was near gone by the end from all of my screaming and cheering. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment.
  • At one point I was near deafness from the surrounding screaming. I went to order a drink and could not hear the bartender.
  • Getting a suite was totally worth it. Private bathrooms are always worth it.
  • I managed not to drink too much. I think age/maturity might be taking over and I finally know it’s okay to have a water now and then.
  • As far as Boy Bands go, The Backstreet Boys aren’t so bad.
  • Always finish a crazy night out with a plate full of calamari. It’s the only way to go.

No comments: