Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 5th Of July!

Yes, it’s the 5th of July, which means that stupid “holiday” where people light explosives off in their backyards all day and night has come and gone.

I hate the 4th of July. I know I’m supposed to be all patriotic and loving America and showing my love of America off by making as much noise as possible, but we all know that’s not what this holiday is about. No one shooting fireworks off at 1am is thinking about the founding fathers and our independence. They’re thinking “Look, pa, I made it go boom!”

And, when designating the 4th of July as a holiday – knowing full well that the festivities really don’t begin until the sun goes down – why did they not give the next day off, as well? I mean, you don’t get New Year’s Eve off, you get the next day. You get two days for Thanksgiving for reasons I don’t understand, but just one for Independence Day – and sometimes it’s some random Wednesday. What are you supposed to do with that?

My head feels like I’m under water today, thanks to the serious lack of sleep last night. We’re talking maybe 2 hours tops – and not consecutively. That’s total. That’s 20 minutes here and there.

I suppose I can’t blame it entirely on the fireworks. My old dog wasn’t sleeping last night, either. His pacing and crying kept me up, as well.

I also suppose I can stop whining now.

I just hope the neighborhood used up it’s arsenal last night and tonight the evening will go back to normal.

No comments: