Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Summer Project!

I’ve been hesitant to “officially” launch my summer project for the same reason it took me so long to put myself out there as a musician, I’m worried it will stop being a fun thing I do when I have some free time and become this thing that will stress me out and make me not love it anymore.

But, since the musician thing has only become more and more fun with each passing show and practice and musical adventure, I think chances are that this will be, too. (that is a weird sentence)

Over the past couple of months, I’ve been recording various cover songs in the comfort of my own den. It’s good practice for song arrangement and learning what all the buttons mean when recording. But, I’m digging some of the results and I want to put them out there.

Some of these covers have already been shared via my Facebook page, but I plan to stop the sharing, for now, and tweak them and make them sound really good, record some others, and then release them in early fall, online, for free! I’m not sure how cover songs work as far as giving them away. I should probably look into that as I would really hate to get sued. But it’s not like I expect this to be a big seller or anything.

So, yay! “New” album due at the end of summer! See, now I’ve given myself a deadline. Now I have to do it.

No comments: