Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Twelfth

I have a show on the twelfth of November. I was discussing it last night and had to keep saying ‘twelfth’ over and over again. I’ve decided this is one of my least favorite words. Look at it. It looks wrong in every way. Now say it. It’s incredibly difficult to say. The L, F, T, H all smooshed together at the end. It just doesn’t work. I feel like I’m saying and spelling it wrong. And there’s no way to get around saying it when talking about a date. November twelfth. The twelfth of November. It’s better in written form when written numerically, like 12th. But you still have to say it and saying it is wrong. But, there is no way around it. I have a show on the twelfth of November and I have to keep saying it when I tell people about it.

No comments: