Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bad Wisdom

Last week I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled (upper left side). I found out I only have and will ever have two. Both on top. I don’t know what that means for my level of wisdom. But it seems to explain a lot.

It was a completely painful procedure and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Okay, so it wasn’t that bad. But, it was still very unpleasant. It hadn’t come out yet, but it was starting to, so they had to cut through bone. The whole idea of what was happening made me freak out and I had a panic attack about midway through. They had to give me oxygen. I’m such a baby.

Now it’s been a week and it is still healing. It’s certainly better, but I’m still afraid to eat anything. Not that it’s stopped me from eating. I’m just staying away from crunchy foods. That is the one thing my dentist advised. So, that is the one thing I am doing. I also get random pains and sensations in my gums. So, that’s weird. I assume it’s the bone reattaching itself, which is even weirder.

I really have no point with this post except that I felt I needed to document my first wisdom tooth being pulled.

So, one of my favorite albums ever for reasons I can’t explain (okay, that’s a lie. I fell in love with this album the summer I was unemployed and spent my days playing Super Mario Bros 3. I would listen to this album while playing the game on mute) is Suzanne Vega’s 99.9 F. The title of this post stems from a song on that album. Here is the YouTube’d audio:

No comments: