Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Wild Times

I played at Wild Tymes again on Saturday and it was one of my better shows. At least, I thought so. The bar was quite full. The band that played after me brought a ton of people. It was probably the most people I played in front of that wasn’t an open mic night.

I tried to keep the set list upbeat, as the other bands were all very rock n’ roll and I am just myself with my acoustic guitar. I thought I did a good job “rocking out”. I had a blast playing my guitar. It was probably the first time playing live that I actually enjoyed playing my guitar more than singing. I love playing my guitar, but when playing live, I’m so focused on which lyric is next that the guitar usually takes second place. But, I had just put some brand new fake nails on and I was feeling extra “plucky” and just wanted to make it sound really loud. And I think I succeeded.

I played there a couple of weeks ago and it was probably one of my worst shows. I kept screwing up the guitar and I was really distracted and not feeling well. So it was nice to come back and do it up right.

I also debuted a new/old song. It’s a song called “Tip-Toed” that was supposed to go on this album coming out soon, but it has this weird drum breakdown part that I just wasn’t sure if I was up to working on. I have never played it live because of that breakdown and without it, the song gets to be a bit repetitive. But, I think I might work on a live version of it because it was fun to play.

No comments: