Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Via Con Dios

Patrick Swayze died yesterday. Pancreatic Cancer. 57 years old.



I love Patrick Swayze.

You don't realize how cool Patrick Swayze is/was until you look back at his career. The man was in some classic, classic films. He is a pop culture icon. Just think of some of the lines he's brought to the world:

"Pain don't hurt" - Roadhouse
"Ditto" - Ghost
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love" - Point Break
"Now get up here and piss in the radiator" - Red Dawn

And of course...

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner" - Dirty Dancing

He starred in The Outsiders, Red Dawn, Roadhouse, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Point Break....all culturally relevant movies.

Dirty Dancing was the first "dirty" movie I ever saw. I was 8 years old. I wanted to see it so bad, so my dad rented it for me. I remember hiding my face in my pillow during all of the suggestive dancing.


He also starred in one of the top 5 greatest Saturday Night Live skits of all time:



I will raise my glass in a toast to Mr. Swayze. Thank you for the entertainment.

And I hope you all have a very Swayze Christmas....

No comments: