Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Finally, A Good Summer Blockbuster

I can't believe I haven't written about this yet.
Last Friday I saw District 9. I had been hearing so much about it and didn't want to get spoiled, so this was one that could not wait until it came out on DVD.


This movie is insane. It was so intense, I left the theater shaking. I wanted to start bawling, but I was too embarrassed to let it all out as I walked out of the theater. It's not that the movie is overly depressing, though it is rather sad, it's just so intense. I almost couldn't handle it.


The story is amazing, the action is intense (can I say that word enough?), the characters are riveting (even the alien ones), the CGI is unbelievable.


This is not a shoot 'em up, blow 'em up movie. Yes, it has that element to it, but it is so much more than that.


Please go see this movie.

No comments: