Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Nomad Minneseries Night #1

This post is only 4 days late ; )

But I have excuses. Friday, post-show, I was unbelievably tired. Usually I do alright the day after a show when I have to work. But I just did not sleep at all Thursday night. Then Friday, I was in bed at 9:45 and slept until 11:30 the next day. 14 hours! I haven't done that in years. Saturday consisted of errands and raking and vocal practice with my new backing singers and then out to the 331 Club for the Bethany Larson and the Bee's Knees/Taj Raj show.

Then there was Sunday.

Now, I didn't drink a ton Saturday night. I drank a normal amount of beer. Nothing at all excessive. But holy shit, I was sick the next day. On the couch from 9am til 9pm (when I went to bed) and throwing up. I'm pretty sure it was due to something wrong I consumed at some point the day before. My husband was in the same boat, though he managed to power through. My problem is once I throw up once, it's all over. I can't stop.

Anyway...there's your TMI for the day.

As for last Thursday...

It was the first night of our residency or "Minneseries" at The Nomad. We were joined by Landspeeder, Weights & Measures, and Dolfish. It was a quiet night, but fun as usual. The Nomad staff was awesome. It's fun doing these residencies because you really get to know the people behind the scenes of these establishments.



Setlist for The Nomad 11/7/13
  • Lens
  • Where's the Fire
  • Float
  • Blind
  • Good
  • The Party
  • Yesterday
  • Salt
  • Adore
We'll be back this Thursday with Rank Strangers, Space Camp, and Cjell Cruze. So excited! See you there! 

No comments: