Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Daylight Savings

It's Daylight Savings today. That one day a year you wake up and look at the clock and remember it's actually an hour earlier and so you go back to bed. It all seems so silly and it's also depressing knowing that when I drive home from work tomorrow it will be dark. Where is this daylight we are saving? It will be gone for now and for the next few months.

Sigh.

Still sick but not terrible - except first thing in the morning when I feel like death. But by the time I've brushed my teeth and said good morning I start to feel okay. I've got a cough, though. Coughs are gross. Now I am the gross person with the gross cough. I don't like to be that person.

Whine.

I just spent the last 20 minutes sucked into a YouTube chain of Janelle Monae videos. Got to get that album.



Groove.

I've got to get a lot of albums. My list of new music to buy is ever growing. I swear there is a new album every day I want to pick up. It doesn't help that I live in a state overflowing with amazing music of its own that I barely have time to look into the Janelle Monae's of the world. But, really, that's a good thing. It's good to be surrounded by good music.

I've set up my own musical game plan for the winter months. These shows at The Nomad will be the last for us for a while. We will take the winter and work on new songs, tweek some old ones, and hopefully start recording the new ones sometime around March. We'll probably start playing shows around that time, too. Really excited to really start tackling these new songs and new arrangements. We've got some new people joining us in the group, too.

Excited.

Very excited.

No comments: