Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Winter Wasteland

This is the post where I complain about winter. You've been warned.

This is the current landscape:


It makes me beyond angry.

Tomorrow marks the first day of spring and there is a pile of snow at the end of the driveway that is taller than me.

It is 9 degrees out right now and it will get down to 2 tonight. And that is air temperature. Add in the windchill and it feels like -6.

As a Minnesotan, we are used to these temperatures. At least, as use to them as a person can be. But there is this unwritten rule or understanding we have with Ms. Mother Nature that come March this below zero windchill crap is over and done. Especially by the first day of spring. We should be sitting consistently in the 30s right now. I can handle that. 30 degrees on a sunny day can feel pretty okay.

We can at least walk the dog.

I feel most bad for this guy:


He can't be walked in this weather. It's too cold. For all of us.

Last year we were completely spoiled. It was 60-70 degrees in January. And it was 60-70 degrees in March.

It is at least 60 degrees colder today than it was this time last year.

And I know last year was as much of an anomaly as the bitter cold this year is.

But this never ending snow and cold is just too much to deal with.

I am so sick of being cold.

I have not had a proper winter jacket this year and I thought I had made it through.

But nope.

So why do I live here? Because I do and always have.

But it gets harder and harder to tolerate each year.

It's just so depressing.

I'm not asking for 70 degrees. A nice 40 degree day would make so incredibly happy.

Please make it so, Mother Nature.

No comments: