Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Driftwood

I had a show at the Driftwood this past Thursday. It was certainly an experience.

The Driftwood is a little bar in south Minneapolis with hockey on the TV and all of the Lite beers you can imagine on tap. They are new to hosting live music. They have a very simplified PA system.

We had problems with sound throughout our whole set. Namely the inability to hear my guitar in the monitors, which can be a problem for those of us on stage.

But we got through it. And we did it well. We just had fun with it. I'm extremely fortunate to have such a great band.

And today we are going to start the recording for another song off of the new EP coming out in June. I'm very excited about this song. It's a very special song for me and the arrangement that we've worked out makes me so happy.

Setlist for the Driftwood 2/28/13

  • Good
  • Float
  • Good to Know
  • Lens
  • Here
  • Adore
  • Flavor
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert

And the whole time we were there, I had this song in my head by Travis. I used to love this band.

No comments: