Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Recording Day 12


12 days…but really I’ve been doing this since September. It’s been a long time. And I know I keep saying this, but I really do mean it: We are very close to being finished.

I spent close to 10 hours in the studio last Saturday and we managed to finish everything left that Shawn had to do – which was a lot. But his job in the recording process is done. I cannot thank him enough for all the time and effort and seriously cool stuff he put together.

Besides recording one little guitar part, an organ solo (!), and some finger snaps, my job on Saturday was just to listen and give input. It can make for a really long day. Just sitting there in your own head completely focused on these songs  - things start to get overanalyzed and at a certain point you just have to let it go, take home the rough mixes, and just let them join your life and see how comfortable you are with them in a normal setting.

And I’m pretty comfortable with them.

All but one song has been started. It’s an instrumental track that is all on piano and so I’m just waiting to set up my piano session. Otherwise all that is left to do at this point are the piano parts and lots and lots of singing. And mixing. And then mastering. And then getting the album art and actual CDs printed.

Speaking of the album art, I just met with my designer and she gave me a few proofs and they are AMAZING!!! I’m so happy. Now I just have to choose which one.

So, okay, yeah. There’s still a lot to do.

No comments: