Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Almost There

The holidays are almost over. The time off has been nice, and I have another long weekend coming up this weekend, but I’m just ready to get back into things. Everything just gets put on hold for 10 days. Stores have weird hours. People are at work, but nothing is happening. Everyone is out of town. There are a ton of obligations. Dinners and shopping. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure.

But it’s almost over. And it will be January. And it will be cold. And there will be snow. More snow. Not that there is anywhere to put it. Another winter storm is on it’s way and expected to hit over the New Year weekend, which means another weekend stuck indoors. This weekend was probably the first weekend in a long while where it was warm and dry enough to actually go do something. But it was Christmas, so there was nothing to do.

But, if it does storm, I have plenty to do at home. You will find me curled up on the couch with my DVDs that I received as gifts.

  1. Newsradio: The Complete Series
  2. Little House on the Prairie: Season 1
  3. Community: Season 1

I also received the Keith Richards biography and a book of poems by Lucille Clifton. So I will have plenty to do to keep my sanity. Hopefully.

I could also spend the weekend songwriting. And learning to play the banjo. This I must do.

No comments: