Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Road

I recently finished the book The Road. If you feel like being depressed for a week, read this book.

I shouldn't say that. It's an excellent, excellent book. I highly recommend it.


It's the story of a man and his son trying to make their way through a post-apocolyptic world.

It makes you think, it makes you cry, it makes you shudder at the horror of it all.

Starvation, cold, cannibals, suicide. Not exactly holiday fare.

I saw the movie about an hour after finishing it and I would suggest reading the book before seeing the film. I think I would have been a bit lost if I had not read it.

It was cool to see the landscape visualized. But some of the horrors described in the book were more horrific on screen than my mind imagined.

This books is still in the front of my mind 2 days after finishing it. I think that makes it worth the read.

No comments: