Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Keep It To Yourself

Why is it that sick people feel the need to tell the world how sick they are?

I just overheard a conversation between two co-workers. One just got over H1N1 and a myriad of other illnesses. She went into detail about all that ailed her over the past couple of weeks. The body aches, the cough, the fever. What is someone supposed to do with this information? Geez, sorry you were sick. Please stay away from me because you still sound terrible.

Maybe it's a psychological thing. Sick people need others to feel sympathy for them so they will be cared for and not abandoned by the pack. A means to survival. I don't know. It just bothers me.

In other news, I'm not feeling well ; ) But I'm not going to go into the details of my under-the-weatherness. Instead, I will continue on with the bi-monthly tradition I have started of playing the 25 songs that play on my iPod while I'm at work and not feeling well.
So here we go:

1. "Inspiration Information" Shuggie Otis
2. "Lucky Day" - Erin McKeown
3. "Un-Named" - Leona Naess
4. "Fools Gold" - Michael Johns
5. "Joan Jett of Arc" - Clem Snide
6. "Slide Away" - Oasis
7. "With Arms Outstretched" - Rilo Kiley
8. "Underground" - Ben Folds Five
9. "Up to the Mountain" - Patty Griffin
10. "The Opposite of Hallelujah" - Jens Lekman
11. "A Daily Anthem" - David Cook
12. "A Spade" - Ani Difranco
13. "Grey" (live from Hamburg, Germany - Offical Boot) - Ani Difranco
14. "Capturing Moods" - Rilo Kiley
15. "Talk Tonight" (live) - Noel Gallagher
16. "Sledgehammer" - Peter Gabriel
17. "Acid Tongue" - Jenny Lewis
18. "See Fernando" - Jenny Lewis
19. "Single Ladies" - Beyonce
20. "Runs in the Family" - Amanda Palmer
21. "Changer" - Anais Mitchell
22. "Breakin' Up" - Rilo Kiley
23. "Silver Lining" - Rilo Kiley
24. "I Did It For You" - David Cook
25. "Glendora" - Rilo Kiley

Hmmm...my iPod is looking a little lazy today. Lots of repeat artists. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No comments: