Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Dell Fest 7-25-15

Last Saturday I drove 3 hours to play a solo set at Dell Fest in Wisconsin. Dell Fest is held at the home of Dell and he hosts musicians in the area to come play a set on his beautiful property in northern Wisconsin. I was invited to play by musician Mary Bue, whom I've played with in the past.

It was a lovely drive. I love driving. Is it terrible that I do? I just love hitting the open road with a playlist of my favorite songs to sing along to. Although, as I learned, not the best thing to do to bring a playlist of songs you like to sing along to on a 3 hour road trip before you have to perform. Sing shouting to Beyonce does more than just warm up your voice. It also strains it a bit. : )

It was also very hot out. I've been relieved as of recent years that my performance nerves have died down a bit so that I don't sweat as much on stage. But when it's 90 degrees and humid, sweating is unavoidable. It's also meant that my guitar slipped out of tune even more so than usual. Gotta get a new guitar (plans are in the works for my birthday!).

It was great to meet the people there. Everyone was very kind.

Photo by Mary Bue.

Set list for Dell Fest 7-25-15
  • The Reminder
  • Cohabitate
  • A Story
  • Safety Mode
  • Good
  • Rayner Park (Rank Strangers cover)
  • Oh, Sun (unreleased)
  • Adore
  • For the Time Being

Next week kicks off a very busy August of shows that includes our residency at the 331 Club. We'll be there every Tuesday in August with some great bands! Hope to see you!






No comments: