Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

The Nomad 7-2-15

Wow. I'm getting really bad at this blogging thing. A month out from recaps of the shows I played. It's especially weird as life has been fairly mellow lately so I should have all the time in the world to blog. But it seems the less I have to do, the less I want to do anything. I'm better off when I just keep moving.

Anyway...

We played The Nomad a few weeks ago! And by 'we', I mean, me, Shawn, Colleen, and Laura. It was a last minute show and so Sara and Bart were unable to do it. Instead, we played a stripped down guitars and vocals only set. And it worked out well. I often feel like a lot of the songs on the new album only really shine live with the full band, but this worked surprisingly well. I gotta hand it to the band on that one. Shawn did a lot of guitar improvisation to make up for missing pieces and Colleen and Laura completed improvised backing vocals for a song we had not rehearsed with them before. They are all pros. I am grateful.

We also played with some killer bands that night.


and


Really glad this night worked out and we were able to play in some capacity. It was super fun. I look forward to playing with both of these bands again some time.

Set list for The Nomad 7-4-15
  • The Reminder
  • Safety Mode
  • Float
  • Daughter
  • Car
  • Salt 
  • I Wanna Know
  • Lens
  • Adore 

 Post-show lady selfies.

We've got a super busy 6 weeks coming up. We have the Tuesday night August residency at the 331 Club, plus a couple of other shows sprinkled in. FUN FUN FUN!!!



After these shows, we'll be taking a break as I have to get a pretty major surgery in late September that will keep me out of things for about 6 weeks. Here's to a hopefully quick recovery!





No comments: