Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Recording Days 9 And 10....And Other Things

The vocals are done, man.

Last week, Colleen and Laura finished their beautiful backing vocals and last night I finished mine.

Listening back to the rough mixes and I'm just so incredibly happy with them. Things are sounding really good. I cannot wait for this album to come out.

I put together this little video with a snippet of a new song...



I think, if all goes according to plan, we have just one more day of recording left. Just all those bells and whistles I've been talking about.

Deep breaths...

In other updates, I sang at a Uke Fest last weekend. Uke Fest is a festival started by musician Katy Vernon. All proceeds go to The Arc Greater Twin Cities. It was super fun. Only ukulele players allowed. So I got my uke out - after way too long of not bringing it out - and played a couple of songs: "Blue Whale" and  "Walking" (which I had never played live before). Then Katy and I led a sing along of Taylor Swift's new song "Shake It Off"...on our ukes. I love that song. Have you heard it? (Beware the earworm)



Katy also had these super cute ukulele necklaces made so I had to get one:


I guess other than that, not much else has been happening. Just trying to get the album finished. Going to see Ani Difranco tomorrow, so expect a write up about that. Oh, and prepping for our next show. Full band. We'll be in St. Paul next Thursday, October 23rd. See you there?


No comments: