Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Three Things Full Of Happy

I can't believe I haven't written about the Sylvan Esso show last Wednesday...because it was phenomenal.


I was wary of going to this show because - although I enjoy this kind of music - I despise paying money for shows just to watch someone play on a laptop. I just feel like it's not that hard to get a band to recreate the sounds.

But these two put on a hell of a show. The laptop was there along with a mixing board, but Nick Sanborn played those things like he was behind a guitar or a drumkit. There was a ton of passion there. And dancing.

Amelia Meath is a wonderful front woman with a killer voice. I first noticed her when as a part of the group Mountain Man. They sang backup for Feist on the tour I saw and she completely stood out - nearly stole the show with her enthusiasm. She's darling and I think it's great that she's getting this success with her own stuff.

They got First Avenue dancing. That just doesn't happen. Minnesotans don't do that at concerts, but the place was jumping. It was a fantastic show.

This is their video for their single "Play It Right":



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been craving margaritas. That's a weird thing to say. But really I think I was just craving sitting outside on a beautiful summer day with friends and having some fun drinks. So I arranged a get together at a place in town that serves margaritas and a bunch of us had fun drinks on the patio on what was probably the most perfectly gorgeous weather day of the summer. Then we all headed back to my place and had a fun just hanging out together. I have nothing more to add to that (or pictures to share) but it was just a really great day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then on Sunday it was Dog Day at the MIA (Minneapolis Institute of Arts). They open the doors to dogs and their humans and host activities for dogs in the courtyard. They can contribute to a mural and make their own art. They have photo booths and a caricature artist. Placed around the lot are water bowls. It's really fun and dogs are everywhere and the cuteness is overwhelming. It was also another gorgeous weather day. We took Robbie last year and it was muggy and cool, but this year it was gorgeous and the place was packed with dogs and people. It was super fun. And Robbie made more art. He's so talented.


No comments: