Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Turf Club Birthday Show 8/23/13

I'm still recovering from the show on Friday as well as the week/weekend in general. It was Birthday Week after all and I really made sure to make it count. There was something going on most every day and I was quite exhausted most of the weekend.

The show at the Turf Club was great, though there were a couple of rough patches along the way. Bethany Larson and the Bee's Knees had to cancel as Bethany caught that awful summer cold that's going around and couldn't sing. I feel her pain. That thing sucked. Then right before we were to go on, my tenor guitar broke. It was supposed to make its debut on a new song of ours called "Where's the Fire?" that was also making its debut, but I went to tune it beforehand and the neck was all out of whack. Total bummer. I think (hope) it's fixable. We still played the song anyway - I just didn't play an instrument - which was weird for me. But also completely freeing and fun and I think the song is better without my guitar.



Prissy Clerks and Bomba de Luz were both awesome and I am so happy I got to play a show with both of them. They are both great bands you should check out.

 Prissy Clerks

 Bomba de Luz

Setlist for Turf Club Birthday Show 8/23/13
  • Float
  • Where's the Fire? (first time played!)
  • Blue Whale (first time played with full band!)
  • Lens
  • Flavor
  • Salt (now with drums!)
  • I Guess This Is Called Moving On
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert
  • Adore

We've got a bunch of shows coming up over the next month, so if you missed this one, there are more to come! And they are all FREE.

9/2 - Amsterdam Bar and Hall - St. Paul, MN (I might play this one solo)
9/17 - Hexagon Bar - Minneapolis, MN
9/25 - Kitty Cat Klub - Minneapolis, MN
10/2 - Harriet Brewing - Minneapolis, MN


No comments: