Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday Week!

This week is Birthday Week. It officially started yesterday. I kicked it off with a trip to Urgent Care to treat this incredibly annoying sinus infection. I spent over an hour waiting for a doctor to come in and take a quick look up my nose and tell me, "yep, sinus infection" and write me a prescription. The only reason I was there so long is because they lost my chart! I sat in the exam room for 45 minutes wondering what was taking so long. When I finally poked my head out to ask, no one knew I was in there because my chart was gone. Luckily they found it and no stranger walked off with all of my vitals.

But the rest of Birthday Week is going much better. I've had tacos for dinner for 4 nights in a row now. That might be a new record. I went to the West Bank Music Festival on Saturday night and spent time with friends while checking out Southside Desire and Brother Ali.

 Southside Desire.

Hanging with friends.

Brother Ali. He's up there somewhere.

Sunday (after Urgent Care) I spent a couple of hours drinking beers on the back patio with the husband and dog. Today I got a haircut. I even went back to Great Clips. They're really not so bad. Or maybe I just have a good one near me.

The rest of the week I will be going out to dinner at one of my favorite places and then it's the State Fair. The Great Minnesota Get Together is back! Alway awesome and always bittersweet. A sign that the end of summer is almost upon us. But it's worth it because it's the fair! And it's so much fun! I'll be working a booth on behalf of my day job opening day in the a.m. and then I'm taking the afternoon off to wander and soak it in. Cannot wait.

But, then...then....then it's the big show! Friday. 9pm. At the Turf Club. I'm playing songs. With my band. And other bands that I love are playing, too. Prissy Clerks, Bethany Larson & the Bee's Knees, and Bomba de Luz. So incredibly excited. This show has been scheduled for so long now and it's finally here. It's going to be so much fun.


Then Saturday night it's out for karaoke and Sunday is cake with the in-laws. 

Birthday Week rules.

No comments: