Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Things I Love Right Now



1. The Cure: Disintegration


I was big Cure fan in high school. I adored them. I wore the t-shirt I had for their Mixed Up album nearly every day. But sometimes I forget how much I love them and it’s nice to be reminded. I put Disintegration onto the iPod last week and have been very much enjoying it ever since. It’s just one of those perfect albums.

2. Dark Dark Dark: Who Needs Who


This album came out last year and I didn’t get it until late in the year and didn’t really start listening to it until December, so it didn’t quite make my Favorite Albums of 2012 list. Though now, it probably would. The album is full of beautifully stark piano driven songs with a quirky rock edge led by Nona Marie’s aching and honest voice. A must listen.


3. Republic
Republic is a bar on the West Bank of Minneapolis (they also just opened a location in Uptown).  The beer selection is plentiful, the food is fantastic, the atmosphere is perfect and they might just have the nicest staff of any bar in town. Go check it out!

And this isn’t really a thing I love…in fact, I really dislike asking people to do things for me. But I’m in a contest and I could use your vote! It’s for Vita.MN’s Are You Local? contest. And if I win, I get to perform at SXSW and it would just do wonders for my music side of life. You can vote HERE. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!



No comments: