Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Unravelled


I HAVE NO CLOTHES ANYMORE!!!

For the past week, every outfit I wear I have noticed a small hole has formed somewhere. Most of the time they are not very noticeable (I hope), but some are and I am quickly running out of clothes that are acceptable to where to the office. I mean, running around to shows and hanging out with friends, it’s totally cool for me to have a couple of small holes…but to work, I have to look somewhat nice.

And it’s gone beyond my clothing. My newish boots (I got them for Christmas) somehow got a rip in them. It’s small…but it is noticeable and I wear them all the time and they are supposed to be my “nice” boots and boots aren’t cheap.

And then this morning, as I was getting ready to head to the bus to go to work, I tried zipping up my winter coat and it just wouldn’t stay zipped. I would get it zipped up and then look down and it would be split. It’s been giving me trouble lately and now I think it just gave up. So I had to rush around the house to try to find some sort of seasonal outerwear because it is still winter here in Minnesota and it had just started snowing outside. I settled on a hoodie underneath a jean jacket. I was still cold.

Luckily it is going to be 60 degrees on Saturday and in the high forties and fifties for the foreseeable future after that. I should be able to get by. For now.

But that still doesn’t help my clothing situation. I honestly don’t know what to do. Every extra dollar I have is going into the new album. And I can’t afford to not do that. Because the new album is very important to me. Which means no new clothes for me.

And that’s fine. I can live without being fashionable. I’ve never been all that fashionable in the first place. I’m just so bored with my hole-filled clothes.

Thankfully I only work 4 days a week now. One less day to find something work acceptable to wear.

No comments: