How It Should Have Gone:
- Woohoo! I don’t have to take the bus today! I get to sleep in a little and take my time before work!
- Nice, long shower to wake myself up.
- Browse the closet for something to wear
- Pour myself a bowl of cereal and leisurely eat it while browsing Facebook and Twitter.
- Blow dry my hair, maybe try to do something with it, put make-up on.
- Head out the door and drive to Starbucks for some decent coffee for once.
- Pull into the parking ramp and head into work awake and refreshed.
How It Went:
- What do you mean it’s 7:45????
- Jump in the shower for 3 minutes and kind of wash myself, I think. It was a blur.
- Fuss with my contacts for way too long as they just. won’t. go. in.
- Whip open my closet and throw on the one thing that I think will work.
- Go to put on deodorant to notice the dress I’m wearing is broken. Somehow it lost its shape and turned into a sack and oh, great, there's another piece of clothing gone.
- Find ribbon and tie it around waste for shape.
- Blow dry my hair really quickly and manically brush it.
- Smear make-up on my face.
- Run to the bathroom, flush the toilet, toilet keeps running.
- No time to wait for it to stop.
- Grab my phone (thankfully I remembered it at the last minute) and run out the door.
- Go to Super America and get a plain blah donut.
- Eat donut in the car while racing through traffic to get to work.
- Pull into ramp (5 minutes late) and work to squeeze myself into one of the incredibly narrow parking spaces.
- Get to the office feeling slightly sweaty, incredibly tired, and pissy.
- Go to the skyway convenience store and get my usual cup of burnt/bitter coffee.
Today has bad vibes written all over it. I don't like it.