Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thanks For Finding My Ears #3

Looking back on when I last did one of these posts and it was way back in December 2011. Weird. Time flies, man.

With this post, I'd like to introduce you to S (aka Jenn Ghetto):



I discovered her via the radio, Radio K. I was driving home from a Target run one night back in November and none of the CDs in the car were appealing to me so I turned on the radio, flipped through some stations and landed on this song:



I immediately loved it and when I got home, I opened Twitter to scan the Radio K playlist that they tweet out to try to figure out what I heard. Then I went and looked up all I could of her on the internet and downloaded her latest album Cool Choices.

It's a super cool and beautiful album and it easily slipped in and made my Favorite Albums of 2014 list.The album bounces back and forth from piano driven ballads to hip guitar riffs, all guided by Jenn's sweet voice and the best bitter break-up lyrics. The songs are smart. The broken-heartedness is less Taylor Swift and more Exile in Guyville Liz Phair. Though, if I had to compare her to anyone, it would be Juliana Hatfield, who is having a bit of a resurgence in my life.

I've only given her earlier albums a sneak peek on iTunes, as I really want to give Cool Choices my full attention for a little while longer before I dig into her back catalog. But I'm already excited for that time to come because I discovered this song on YouTube and I love it:



It's always so nice to discover new artists that you easily fall in love with and instantly like all they do.

No comments: