Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Shortest January Ever

January is usually this long terrible cold dark miserable month. There's no Christmas or Thanksgiving to look forward to. The holidays are over. All you're left with is snow and cold and limited hours of daylight.

But not this year.

January has flown by! And it's been kind of warm out. And I've been busy. And there are things happening. And I've neglected to write about most of them.

For example, we had this really amazing show at the Mpls Photo Center for their Rock N' Roll Exhibit Opening Night Reception. It was so much fun! It might have been one of my favorite shows we've ever played. We had a two hour set. We played all of the songs. We even learned some covers.

The place was packed pretty much from start to finish. It was a beautiful space. Considering we were not the main attraction (that was reserved for the stunning photography) the reception we had was lovely. I had such a good time.






Set List for Minneapolis Photo Center 1-16-15
  • Lens
  • Don't Let Me Down (Beatles cover)
  • Float
  • Where's the Fire?
  • Blind
  • A Story
  • Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry cover)
  • Sweet Jane (Cowboy Junkies cover)
  • Yesterday
  • One Way or Another (Blondie cover)
  • When You Were Mine (Prince cover)
  • Car 
  • Reactor
  • The Reminder
  • Good to Know
  • Here
  • Can't Even Tell
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert
  • The Paul Simon Song
  • Satisfaction (Rolling Stones cover)

Seriously. So many songs.

We've also pretty much finished mixing the new album. We're going back a week from Saturday to tweak a few things, but that part is basically finished. I can't believe it. I hope to have a single out in the next couple of weeks. Eeek! (I've posted a short video of playback of one of the new songs on our Facebook page.)

 I got to move one of the faders during mixing.

Speaking of that, in order to finish the album, we have to do a Kickstarter. I've written about my terror of this endeavor before - and I'm still mighty fearful. But I'm slightly confident (which is pretty much peak confidence for me) that we can meet the fairly meager goal we're setting. That will be coming out in a few weeks. If we don't meet the goal, the album will be pushed back to who knows when and that will be so incredibly sad. We really will need your help with this. So if you think you might buy the album when it comes out, please pre-order it from the Kickstarter instead so we can actually get it made. I would be forever grateful.

Sara's dad is a photographer and took this photo of us after our set at the Mpls Photo Center.

No comments: