Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Nomad And Birthday Week

My Birthday Week kicked off Friday night with a show at The Nomad. It was our first show playing out in public since April (although we did play a house party at John's place a couple weeks ago). And it was a Friday night. So double bonus or something.

We had a fun bill with Graveyard Club, Nallo, and Edger - all bands you should check out and I made easy links for you to do so if you just click on their names.

 Graveyard Club

Nallo

Edger

We closed out the night and played a sweaty (at least for me) set of mostly newer songs. The electric guitar came out again and it's just been so much fun to play that these days. Now I just need one of my own so maybe I can learn to play it well. ; )

 Photo by Kimi.

 Photo by Nallo.

Photo by Matt.


Setlist for The Nomad 8-15-14

  • Reactor
  • Lens
  • Car
  • Where's the Fire
  • Float
  • Salt
  • Safety Mode
  • The Reminder
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • Introvert
  • Adore


Birthday Week keeps going, too! I spent a bit of Saturday back at The Nomad to catch Southside Desire and Sex Rays. Today (Sunday) I went to my mother-in-laws where she made grilled cheese sandwiches and chocolate cake for me and my nephew - who shares the same birthday as me. Tuesday, I head back into the recording studio to work on some more vocal tracks. Wednesday, hoping to go out for a couple of drinks and appetizers at Eli's in NE Minneapolis. Then Thursday - on my actual birthday - I'm heading to opening day at the State Fair. LOVE The FAIR. So excited for cheese on a stick and Luigi fries and general fair craziness. I'll be heading back there the next day, too.

Birthday Week!


No comments: