Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Aster Cafe 12-30-15

We had ourselves a ladies night at The Aster Cafe last month. Myself, Laura and Colleen played a set opening for Katy Vernon as part of her Wednesday night December residency. It's always fun to strip the songs down to the bare bones. Just vocals and guitar. It was nice way to close out the year.

We also were tasked with singing a song that references the new year or New Years Eve or something along those lines. Laura suggested we cover U2's "New Year's Day" - so we did. I know the song, but I didn't KNOW the song, you know? It's been in my life for nearly all of my life so I am familiar with, but I was never super into U2 and only ever have bought one album of theirs. I spent a week learning the words. The three of us got together and put together a vocal arrangement and ta-da! New cover! I thought it turned out well. Unfortunately, I have no video or audio of it, but maybe we'll do it again down the road.


Set List for The Aster Cafe 12-30-15
  • For the Time Being
  • The Reminder
  • I Wanna Know
  • Daughter
  • Beg, Borrow, or Steal
  • New Year's Day (U2 cover)
  • Blue Whale
Happy to say I have some additional shows on the calendar again. Both at the 331 Club.

Friday, February 5th
Wednesday, March 23rd

Hope to see you!

-Niki




No comments: