Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Brain Waves

I've been wanting to write a blog post on aging and how fucking terrifying it is. I've been bombarded with stories and situations that remind me how fucking terrifying it is lately. But I just can't because who wants to think about that?

So instead, I'll stay positive (which is really hard because I have to go to Atlanta next week for a work thing and I have to stay in a hotel room and I am ridiculously and embarrassingly afraid of discovering bed bugs and the hotel I'm staying at shows up on the bed bug registry as having had a case of them 3 years ago and that's enough to scare the crap out of me and I have been paranoid and stressed about it for the past month).

So, yeah, anyway, positivity...

I've got another residency happening in November at The Nomad in Minneapolis. This will probably close out my year for shows (unless I get offered something totally awesome) and the band and I will turn our focus to new songs and potential recordings of them in the early spring of 2014 (hopefully).

I've been working out some vocal arrangements with my lovely friends, Laura and Colleen. I'm so excited to have backing singers. They are such pros, too. It's fun to sing with others. Here's a sample of an acoustic take on a new song that they've added some parts to:



Next weekend is Cannonball! My annual road trip/scavenger hunt/film festival competition thing that my friends and I do. Every year I get excited about it and every year when it's over I swear I am never doing it again as it is exhausting. But last year my team won so I really didn't have a choice. As reigning champs I had to come back and help defend the crown. But I was smart this time and took the Friday before and the Monday after off of work. Plenty of time to gear up and wind down.

But, in the meantime, I'm just going to listen to the new Britney Spears song on repeat because OMG how can you not just start moving and dancing to this? Way to go, Ms. Spears!




No comments: